So it is that time of year, when you are looking to find some gifts or holiday stocking stuffers for the homebrewers in your life. Here is a list of some great ideas that any homebrewer would like, or wouldn’t care if they got more of!
- Bouncer Inline Filter – I can’t say enough about these. I love them! I have both sizes for my brewing setup. There are different guage screens for more filtering options. I can’t wait to hack out my Mac Daddy to see other way I can push the limits of homebrewing with!
- PBW Cleaner – Cleaning and sanitation are always something that homebrewers need to do. This gift may not be the sexiest and exciting, but this would open up the brewing budget to later get something fun instead of needed!
- Refractometer – The thing of finding out your abv levels of your beer is the fact that you need to waste beer to find out how wasted it could get you (see what I did there?). The refractometer is a great addition that means you need just a few drops to test the levels of your beer rather than a bunch of ounces.
- Spray bottle – This is just a nice little addition that I learned about by reading homebrewfinds.com . I love the handiness of sanitizer for spraying things down in a jiffy. Why waste a bunch of sanitizer with just pouring it out, spraying things down is just as effective. I even use it sometimes when I am running my smoker and using the thermometer on uncooked meat.
- Boil Bro – This is the new product from the guys who brought us the Bouncer. It is awesome. A large placemat to help you organize your brew day, take notes, and even carry a bunch of stuff easily. Take a pic of your notes before you clean it off, and you have a great way to chronicle what happened during your brew day. I have a review of it coming soon.
- Digital Scale – Measuring hops, dextrose, or anything else is a great thing. The more precise you become, the better your beer gets. This will help you replicate your successes!
- Growler – Who doesn’t want a fancy metal growler to bring their homebrew to a buddy’s house? I have a few, since I sometime give them to people to borrow…for some reason they always return empty… I have done some reviews of a few.
There you have it. A few things to help fill out your holiday shopping for your favorite homebrewer!